Friday, July 25, 2008

day 1 4:30 and 30,000 ft.

So today is the penultimate day the day before the race the travel day. The time now is 7:40 but the day started at 4:30 for Jimmy and me. My dad was already at the airport with the bike boxes and my mom was on the way home to get jimmy, me, and the rest of the bags. Before she could get home my dad was calling to say thing were going bad the flight was going to be late and we weren’t going to make the connecting flight in D.C... So my mom got home and we loaded up the bags and head to OIA. 15min later we were there jumping out of the car and grabbing bags to get checked. We started talking to the lady at the desk about how we were going to make it to Canada on time but thanks to the work of the lady my dad first talked to we were already on a different flight to Chicago and than to Canada it was all going to workout and at that even better then it was suppose to we will end up getting to Canada 30min early. We made it though security with out any big problems just 2 little ones first the lady there went though Jimmy’s bag because he had a small set of allen keys and she needed to see what they were and second I forgot one of the bags at the x-ray table. I ran back and got the bag before TSA flipped out. From there we got to the boarding gate just in time. We gave them are tickets and got on the plane which is where I have been typing to you all from. Now though I am sitting at gate c4 in the Chicago airport waiting for the plain to arrive rocking to some music. The plane has arrived and we have boarded and taken off so I am typing to you all from about 30,000ft again. I was very happy I was able to see the bags and bikes get loaded on the plane so I know they are going to the right place and they still look like they are in one piece other then that nothing has happened so for now I will sign out. Ok so I am back we are on the road and driving to Val D’or and have about 4hrs to go getting through customs went good and so did getting the bags. The biggest problem right now is everything is in French so we are having trouble reading a lot of stuff. Even with our lack of French we got on the road were we needed to be and were driving on one the most scenic roads I’ve been on but know we have hit some rain and its hard to see any thing at all. We have finely made it Val D`or and are head to the school for check in at this point I am going to leave for the night I will talk with you all again tomorrow.

Will Willis,

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Always a good feeling to see the bikes make it on with you! Go luck Willy!!!!! Stevil

Ashlyn Gerber said...

awesome!! we all (meaning craig and I) are expecting posts from u everyday lol good luck! show them what FL is made of!

onegoalmind said...

willis this will only happen to you. remeber to take french for next year. have fun and show them willis 4.0
JPR